Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users not showing up

Jennifer Bayuk November 6, 2017

Two of the four users that I added are not showing up. I added my first two users Nov 4 and only one is showing up in the people list, so I cannot add the other to any groups. I found this support link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/missing-people-in-confluence-people-directory-779166036.html
I rebuilt the indexes as it advises, to no avail. The first user I entered is there. The second one, I added twice because I thought it was my mistake, but he is still not showing up.  I added a third yesterday. I was able to put it in groups, but today, it is not there anymore either.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

Hi Jennifer,

• Please let me know how you added the users. Was it via the Add Users tab on the Confluence Admin>User Management page, through an external Jira, Crowd or LDAP directory, or through the Invite Users option?
  • What version of Confluence are you running?

I understand you cannot see the users in the people directory. You also mentioned not being able to add a user to a group today even though you could yesterday. The latter operation is done in User Management and not in the People directory. To help isolate the issue, please let me know if you can see the users when you go to <Confluence Base URL>/admin/users/showallusers.action

If the users are not showing up in User Management, please run this query against your database and let me know the result:

select * from cwd_user;

Thanks,

Ann

Jennifer Bayuk November 8, 2017

Thank you for the response. Yesterday, I had tried some of your suggestions. One of the users shows up in select * from cwd_user but does not show up under people. It does show up in user management. However, when I went back in today to collect logs for support, I found my install was not available at all. See:  https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-215905

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing what the support engineer finds out, in case it helps someone else in the Community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events