unknown attachment (only graphics)

Deleted user November 5, 2020

Hello @AlL,
we use Confluence as a manual for our customers We have included graphics on the individual pages.

Now when we edit the pages (but not always and not every page) we get the message "unknown attachment". If we then close the page, the message remains and the graphics are no longer displayed.

We can solve this problem by resetting the page via the "change history". Strangely enough, this does not always work, sometimes only after the second or third time. After that, editing is possible, but not always.

We have hardly or only a few additional addons in use which we had deactivated. But that is not the reason. We also use Confluence for our internal documentation. Here again there are completely different add-ons running.

Did someone have the same problem or can help ?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hallo Torsten, Grüsse aus Texas!

There are three things I would check:

1. Does the behavior differ based on browser?
  2. Are the images pasted or attached to the page?
  3. Does it happen with only certain types of images, for example, PNGs?

I have been using Confluence for documentation for 8+ years now, and have not seen these issues except with certain browsers and pasted images.

Deleted user November 5, 2020

Hello Bill, Grüße aus Stuttgart
thank you for your answer. I have found or seem to have found a solution to my problem:

1. Open the editor for the affected page
  2. Click on the ellipsis button (...) on the bottom right corner of the screen (besides the Close button)
  3. Click on revert back to the last published version
  4. Check if the attachment appears on the editor now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events