Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to restore a space due to duplicated space key

vivianlu February 13, 2020

I would like to import a space ( export as xml) into our testing environment.
In the testing environment, there are only 2 spaces, and neither of them has the key of 'RC', which is the key of importing space. But it turns out that ' A sapce with the key 'RC' already exists.Please delete it before restoring a space with the same key'.

I have some important data in existing spaces, and thus I don't want to delete them.Do you have any solutions?

Below are my steps:
1、Browse a space, in space tools>content tools>export as xml.zip
2、general configuration>backup and restore>Upload and restore a site/space backup> upload 【xxx.xml.zip】
3、upload export zip on server
4、General configuration>backup and restore> restore a backup from the confluence home directory> select the xml.zip and then the problem comes

1 answer

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

Hello @vivianlu ,

Currently, neither Confluence server nor Confluence cloud has a supported method of copying a space or changing space keys. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only, and will not be directly supported by Atlassian. Should you wish to pursue possible workarounds in light of this limitation. This information is not actively maintained and should be thoroughly tested before applying to any production environments.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-copy-or-rename-a-space-in-confluence-169578.html

vivianlu February 13, 2020

Hi, I was not intended to copy a space.

I need to modify the templates in production environment, so I export a model space containing templates and want to import them into testing production.

I believe it is a problem about failure to restore the backup?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events