unable to edit users

wrbrand September 11, 2019

Even though I am organization admin, I am not able to edit user details. 

So far I found out that possible reasons for this are:

1) You are not the organization admin (as suggested here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/make-changes-to-a-managed-user-account-964957894.html ) But I am.

2) switch off External User Management (which already is)

What am I overlooking?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello @wrbrand,

Happy to help determine the reason for you not being able to edit your user's details.

Could you confirm which details exactly that you're not able to edit for your user? 

Regards,

Shannon

wrbrand September 24, 2019

Hi Shannon,

when I try to manage the users, I only get an option to 'show details', but never 'edit details'. When I look at the details of a user, I am allowed to send an message to suggest changes for e-mail and name, but I assume that has to be confirmed by the user. And besides that I can change Access, Roles and Groups for the person but never any other details

What I want to change as administrator is the name of a user and the handle that is used to mention them.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for confirming that. It sounds like the UI doesn't recognize you as an org admin, as you mentioned. I would recommend now that you contact the Cloud Support Team directly. They will be able to take a look first-hand and determine why you're not able to manage your users. Unfortunately, I won't be able to access that since you're not able to share private information over the Community.

Once you determine the reason for the issue, please feel free to return here and let us know what the problem was so that it can help other users.

Regards,

Shannon

Brian Farrell August 19, 2022

II have the same issue and I am the org admin. Is there a solution to this?

Actually I think it is because you have to verify your dopmain so you can manage it rather than suggest changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events