two factor authentication for confluence v6.2.2

Prasad Andrews July 24, 2017

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I have successfully upgraded confluence to v6.2.2.

We are looking for 2FA for confluence actually I have installed secure login and SecSign ID plugins in my test environment it works good but those plugins will work with Smartphones.

But here the issue is We have people without smartphones who need access and we need a solution that is not dependent on smartphones.
So we are looking for OTP(One Time Password).Could you please suggest me on this?

Could you please suggest me the plugin related to OTP?

Regards,
Andy

3 answers

0 votes
Lucas Smith December 16, 2020

I think you can solve this problem by setting OTP Over Email as your 2fa Method.

So that, user will receive a OTP n his/her email account.

For more details please refer to the below link.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221328/two-factor-authentication-2fa-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Titus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Prasad,

you can use the add-ons provided by SecSign Inc. to enable two-factor authentication at Confluence (or JIRA or Atlassian Crowd).

The solution of SecSign does not depend on additional hardware like usb tokens. You use your smartphone as second factor. Therefor the solution by SecSign is a true 2-factor authentication and a 2-channel authentication as well.

The add-ons provided by SecSign Inc. can be found at:

2FA add-on for JIRA by SecSign

SecSign 2FA add-on for Confluence

SecSign 2FA add-on for Atlassian Crowd

Information about the installation process and the login procedure can be found at:

SecSign ID JIRA tutorial

SecSign ID Confluence tutorial

SecSign ID Crowd tutorial

Cheers,

Titus

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

This is probably a setting only configuratble at your IdP, not inside Confluence. I have tested the similar Okta plugin for JIRA and Confluence and it is the Okta login process that governs whether my second factor is a security question, texted code, etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events