text drag and drop in confluence 4.1.3

none February 29, 2012

can't drag and drop text inside the editor in 4.1.3 and firefox 10.0.2

I see image copy and paste is fixed in confluence 4.1.6 but no mention of simply dragging and dropping text inside a page

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

Hi,

Do you mean dragging and dropping a text file to be added as an attachment, or just dragging and dropping text that's been highlighted in an open file?

Dragging and dropping any type of file should work, it was just the copy and pasting of files that broke in Firefox 10 and the fix was related to the version check on the browser so would be fixed for all file types.

As far as I'm aware it's never been possible to drag and drop text as if you're highlighting text in an open file to drag it you'd just copy and paste it into the editor instead. The drag and drop/copy and paste functionality of files is to automatically add the file or files as attachments and embed them in the page where possible.

Does that make sense?

Andrew.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2012

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

It looks like dragging and dropping text has been broken since 4.0 and is an open issue tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23454 so it's not possible to drag and drop text in versions of Confluence higher than 3.5.x

Andrew.

0 votes
none March 19, 2012

"Drag and drop text inside the editor" and "simply dragging and dropping text inside a page"

not sure how to make this any more clear, just grab a word and try to drag it elsewhere on the page, it doesn't work.

not sure if this is fixed in 4.1.6, I see other drag and drop functions are for firefox?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events