Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorting a jira table imported to confluence

Geoff Sargent April 11, 2019

I am a jira/confluence and just getting my head around how things work.

I am importing a filtered table from jira into a set of meeting minutes  as a live link that we re-use each week. In Jira, i have the table filtered and an ASC sort on the first column.  Whenthe table opens in confluence the table reverts back to newest entry at the top.

I can hit the sort button to get the table to show as we want it, but it flips back if the page is refreshed.

How can i get the table to sort and retin the first column in ASC format?

I would prefer not to use an app to do this.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nancy Bonanno April 11, 2019

In Confluence, instead of using a table, use the macro JIRA (not JIRA CHARTS).  Add your filter into the top of the macro.  Use the display options at the bottom to select the fields you need to display.  Publish.

If the sort does not appear correctly, edit the macro and add the ORDER XXX ASC to the end of the filter.

I have not tested this, but I think this would work.

Rebecca Lawless May 24, 2023

Thank you!  That works. I always used (for eg) filter=1234 when embedding a Jira table into a Confluence page but it WON'T keep the the column ordering I set in the filter (on the Jira side).  But by just copying in the filter JQL string instead, the ORDER BY enforces the column order in the Confluence page too. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events