Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solved. How to restore the uninstalled confluence

Karteek August 28, 2019

Unfortunately, the confluence got uninstalled from control panel. is there any option to recover the same confluence. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Hi @Karteek ,

Could You please clarify how 'uninstalled'?

You remove only icon or remove application?

E.g. application here: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence

Directory with data: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence

Info about database here: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml

B.R.

Karteek August 28, 2019

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response.

We were having confluence on windows server 2016, by mistake in control panel from uninstall programs, we clicked on confluence and choose uninstall. We have not deleted any folders from programfiles , also database is in SQL server.

please suggest.

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Hi @Karteek ,

I tested in my local instance looks like 'uninstall' remove only application folder.

So, You need find 'directory with data' and backup it. Also I recommend backup old DB.

Instruction similar to migration process https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html

Install confluence (the same version) in new path and for new DB, but try set admins account same as in old. Check that it works. 

Stop confluence and replace 'directory with data' to old. And try start. 

In my local instance it helped, but I use H2 DB. 

B.R.

Karteek August 28, 2019

Great suggestions Andrew, it worked!!!! Thank you.

Like Andrew likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events