single space vs double space line formatting

a team member began a list of links (to internal pages) - I needed to append the list. The list started out single spaced but every time I hit the Enter key my text is double spaced, is there a way to edit this?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Check what current format is set. Is it in a "Heading"? "Paragraphed"? 

Thanks for the reply - I seem to be in paragraph, there are 6 levels of headings, a preformatted, and a quote mode, what mode should I be in?

The Paragraph format should do the trick. Alternatively, instead of pressing ENTER at the end of a line, press "SHIFT + ENTER" to disable all sorts of formatting.

not sure why paragraph mode is giving me doubt-spacing; but SHIFT + Enter works like a charm - thank you very much. Some boards allow assigning Kudos - don't see that here but you earned them, thanks again - lmd2

Ha! Glad to help! :) You can just click "Accept Answer" here.

Here is a way

Use a macro called "no format"
So be where you want to paste in the confluence document. Type a left curly bracket (uppercase the left square bracket), then start typing no format. Select the "no format" option. This creates a box that when you paste single spaced text it stays single spaced in the box.

This widget could not be displayed.

When typing shift enter does single spacing, where enter does double spacing. This works in word and wordpad also.

Here is a way to paste single spacing

Use a macro called "no format"
So be where you want to paste in the confluence document. Type a left curly bracket (uppercase the left square bracket), then start typing no format. Select the "no format" option. This creates a box that when you paste single spaced text it stays single spaced in the box

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

580 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you