setting Space categories

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

Hi

I am having difficulty in using Space Categories in my On-Demand Confluence.

Supposedly I can create labels to a Space (done - although the instructions in the documentation refer to something being on the bottom of the Side Bar which just does not appear there at all).

Those labels then should allow me to group Spaces on the Dashboard or Space Directory - i.e. a pseudo "nesting" but I cannot see anywhere to see that "nesting"

What am I doing wrong?  have I misunderstood

3 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2015

Hey Rodney, that is good!

I'm glad that I could help in some aspect.

Feel free to contact our support anytime!

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2015

Hi Rodrigo - my apology - I should have provided that link

Slight problem then - there is no gear at the bottom of the page - left or right No gear Capture.PNG

The gear at the top of the page doesn't have that "Overview" option top gear Capture.PNG

However, As you can see from the Space Home page I have been able to set labels for the Space by fiddling around to find that in the Space configuration

labels Capture.PNG

and now the labels appear in the Space Directory Space Directory Capture.PNG

So now I can see the Categories in the "list on the left" of the Space Directory and the Recent Activity Categories tab now works

list on left Capture.PNG Directory by Category Capture.PNG recent activity Capture.PNG

So your tip has helped me understand what I needed to do even without the bottom gear - thank you smile

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2015

Hi Rodney, thanks for contacting us!

So, I guess this is the documentation that you are referring to, right?

The Space tools is the little gear, on the bottom - left side - of the page:

space_screen.png

There you can find the "Overview" option, which will allow you to keep configuring your Space:

1. Under Space Categories, enter your category name and choose Add
    Alternatively, choose a category in the list of 'Suggested Space Categories
  2. Choose Done

Rodney, was this information useful? Please let me know : )

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events