Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running initial create space crashes

Bob Tournoux March 13, 2017

having difficult time installing Confluence.

OS= Ubuntu

Database = mysql

Confluence version 6.0.6

The Confluence Setup / Database setup kept failing when trying to use DataSource connection to jdbc. The error indicated a connection failure. Therefore I used Direct Connection and this appeared to work.

Then I seem to have gotten the installation complete but when I went through the last part of the setup which had me attempt to create a Space, something killed the process. I submitted a ticket but have heard nothing. Hoping to find someone who has successfully installed on Ubuntu

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Tournoux March 16, 2017

I am running Ubuntu 15.10.1 

I am actually running on a GoDaddy Virtual Server; They supply the OS and I supply everything else.

My Mysql is 5.6.31

I tried today to uninstall Confluence and I also uninstalled the /opt/Atlassian and /var/Atlassian folders then reinstalled and this time selected the trial version. It dies when creating the database. I've attached the catalina.out and atlassian-confluence.log

I'm not sure if this helps.

0 votes
chucktalk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

Hi Bob,

It may be your version of MySQL if it came bundled with Ubuntu 16.04 or later. You may want to check which version you have against the supported platforms for MySQL. I think that it is 5.7 (currently unsupported) that ships in Ubuntu 16.04, but without logs, it's hard to reach any conclusions.

What errors are in the logs?

Sincerely,

Chuck

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events