Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reverse order of comments

Propositum Creative December 14, 2014

Good day.

Normally when a page is commented upon, the latest comment or etc is posted at the bottom of the page. 

I am hoping to reverse that order ( unless there is a better workflow others use?)

We are designers, and post the main project item on the page ( I.E. Edit the page and post in there) and all updates to the page are added as comments. it is usually a bother to  scroll alllll the way down to the bottom to see the latest.. 

thoughts / comments?

Thanks! 

Jonathan 

3 answers

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2014

JIRA has a button to do this. Not sure why other apps wouldn't. Mind you JIRA doesn't have threaded comments. And I think it should!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2014

Two thoughts...

1)  There's a javascript hack for it.  I tend to avoid javascript hacks in Atlassian stuff, but I think this one is ok.  See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28999

2)  Wait for Confluence 5.7 - comments are changing, drastically.  My understanding is that they will be in the same order, but because they'll be in place on the page and not tacked on the bottom, which may make your sorting issues go away!

0 votes
Daniel Copeland February 10, 2015

Can someone tell me where exactly this script gets places in Confluence 5.4? I see the Edit Site Layouts section for the space, but it's not clear where the script goes.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events