restrict publish from user

michael_malaty January 7, 2020

hi all , 

Kindly i m new to confluence and i need to give a junior user permission just to create and save articles but not to publish it , after that , he will add a senior user to the article as cooperative and the senior will approve and publish the article 

so how can i disable publish for certain users or group ? 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

"Save" and "Publish" are the same thing in Confluence - saving your edits makes them available for view immediately.

If you want to have private edits, and a formal publishing step, you have to play with location (copy or move a page from a private space to a more open one) or permissions (have the page restricted until you want to "publish" it).

Or there are apps that can help - I'm most familiar with the workflow app which allows you to "approve" pages (which can be the same as publicshing them), but also the stuff in the marketplace that "scroll" does give you a lot more approaches.

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi @michael_malaty 

This could be achieved using Comala Document Management which is available in the Atlassian Marketplace. For example, you could define a 'workflow' to:

• Junior user creates a draft that only visible to users with 'edit' permissions
  • Junior user submits the page for review, update and approval. 
  • Senior user can update the page
  • When Senior user approves, the page becomes visible all users. 

Please note that I work at Comalatech and there are other Atlassian apps on the Marketplace that may also suit your requirements.

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events