Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict page export

Deleted user March 19, 2015

We are currently searching the option in the space permissions to restrict exporting a page.

is it possible to restrict users from exporting pages like it was in confluence 4.3.7 ? 

see here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Space+Permissions+Overview

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

really? 

old menu: 

• Pages:
    • Add – user may create and edit pages in this space.
    • Export – user may export pages in this space.
    • Restrict – user may apply page-level restrictions.
    • Remove – user may remove pages in this space.

new menu: 

PagesAddCreate and edit pages in the space.
RestrictApply page-level restrictions.
DeleteDelete pages in the space.

and it says: Anyone who has permission to view the page also has permission to export its content.

or am i wrong about this? 

if yes.. pls tell me how we can restrict permissions to export a single page in a space. or just send me a link to the site explaining it i really cant find it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2015

Ahh, sorry, I was thinking about the space permissions for export (which cascade down into allowing page exporting) You're right, you can no longer restrict a page export.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2015

You could do it with Themebuilder I think, and probably Lockpoint too and there may be others. But I think it was removed because it was pretty much pointless - if you can see a page, you can copy and paste it into any form you want, so restricting the export doesn't really add a lot.

yeah np^^ well thx :( is there really no option to make this possible? some plugins or anything?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2015

Hasn't changed much in 5.x

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events