render jira link in edit mode

James Barwick August 24, 2014

Is there an issue in confluence Jira links for this:

I want the Jira Link to be rendered in "edit" mode. Not only view mode.

Often when I am editing a document, I really get confused about the Jira link and its relevance to the current position within the document. I constantly find myself with either two windows open for the doucment (one in view and one in edit) or constantly saving and going back to edit.

I find that not having the link rendering is causing problems in my workflow.

What about you?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2014

Never seen a problem or request like this before. Confluence's editor doesn't render links as you edit because it's not generally necessary.

I'd raise a feature request at jira.atlassian.comin the Confluence project.

James Barwick August 24, 2014

Thanks, Nic. I thought not. But I can't, by the life of me, figure out why no one ever requested this before. if you have a Confluence page with over 100 links on it (as I do), then when you edit the page, and want to move things around, it's impossible to keep track of which issue you need to move around with the text.

If you have tables, and 'redundant text' (that is text in another colulmn of a table that says exactly what the issue summary says) then it's not so bad. But that's not how these particular documents are written that I am dealing with.

Thanks for your answer

Like Simon Dixey likes this
Kai Lochbaum July 30, 2019

Hey James, did you ever find a solution for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events