"Wiki" macro to retain wiki markup formatting inside object in Rich Text Editor

Ashton Treadway July 26, 2012

Hi:

Is there any macro that will allow a user to paste wiki markup into an object on a page (similarly to the noformat macro) so that the markup is rendered, but not converted?

What I'm envisioning is something like the code macro for wiki formatting.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2012
0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

This plugin can be used with 3rd party plugins (like scaffolding or reporting) or is it good only with those plugins bundled with confluence (like attachments, toc, etc.)?

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2012

Whoa - Genius! Brilliant SIMPLE yet powerful idea!!!

I just installed and did:

{wiki}

!balance.jpg|align=right,valign=top!

{wiki}

Being able to control the image placement has been a total thorn for me in Conf 4.X - and this fixes.

==

yayayayayay Bob!! Hero!

You made my day! No, week.

0 votes
Ashton Treadway July 27, 2012
Bob: we tried installing that on both 4.2.6 and 43m11 and weren't able to get it to work; nothing in the macro chooser, and nothing when we try { and wiki. Plugin manager claims it's installed, but we're unable to utilize it.
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2012

Use insert wiki markup.

Ashton Treadway July 30, 2012

Wow, talk about PEBKAC on my part. Sorry!

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2012

No problem. A new release of the plugin for 4.x will also have a native 4.x macro (macro browser) to make it easier.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events