Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, a network error occurred" on server migration

Daniel Stieglitz October 20, 2012

I have recently re-deployed my Confluence server to a new host. We use Crowd for authentication, and I have verified that the crowd server URLs work from the command line (I can reach the servers, and if I try to access /crowd/services via TELNET I get a SOAP error).

I can't log in to my new instance, however. I get Sorry, a network error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists.

I looked through the log file, but there is no ERROR, or anything else that seems informative. In fact, nothing is appended to the log after Confluence startup (catalina.out)

How can I get more information about what's going on from the server?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Hi Daniel,

Confluence logs is stored in atlassian-confluence.log which is located in <Conf_HOME_Dir>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log.

Judging from your issue description, it seems that Confluence new server is not able tor reach Crowd instance. Could you please double check if the new Confluence server IP address is inputted into Confluence application remote address in Crowd?

If the above does not help, I hope Confluence logs will give you a better information on this issue. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Daniel Stieglitz November 4, 2012

The issue was indeed that Confluence was not able to reach Crowd. Compounding the problem was that Confluence was not using the crowd.properties files to get the server/login information, but was using settings stored in the database. To fix, it was necessary to restore the user directory to internal, reset the admin password, login, and update the settings through the web interface.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events