"Edit document" button is disable(Office Connector)

Pedro Sousa March 5, 2013

Hi users,

I have a version 3.3.1 of Confluence Installed in my company and exists a user with a problem when he tries edit a document using office plugin.

"edit Document" button is shown disabled, I would like to know why happens this event.

The user has permission to Edit page and Add Attachments in Space.

Best Regards

Pedro Sousa

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chuck Gould
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Pedro,

I would encourage you to work with the group that maintains your systems and see if they can adjust the configuration on one machine or test this option for you or provide an additional browser option for you.

We have learned over time that Internet Explorer on some sites and some web applications needs this setting. In practice what we recommend is having alternative browsers available so an individual can switch if needed to another browser.

In general we have found FireFox to be the most consistent behavior across web sites and applications. I hate to say that because I am a Chrome user, but I have fewer problems with FireFox than any other browser.

Pedro Sousa March 6, 2013
Hi Chuck this problem occurs only with one user. The button is shown disabled for him. Another users can edit documents using office conector. Then the problem is not the browser, is the user, but I don't know how to solve the problem. I've tried remove the user from the group and re-add, but it's unsuccessfully.
1 vote
Chuck Gould
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

We found in Confluence 3.4.9 that Internet Explorer needed to be set to Compatibility mode for some features to work, perhaps this is a similar situation.

Typically this is found under the Tools menu.

Hi Chuck

Im My Company, the option "Compatibility mode" was disabled of browsers. I don't able to active this option beacuse I am not Administrator of my Computer :(

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Hi Pedro!

Check if the user have MS Office and or Open Office properly installed. Usually this is the problem.

But just in case, also check if the Webdav Plugin is properly enabled. You can check this on Confluence Admin > Plugins.

0 votes
Pedro Sousa March 12, 2013

Someone help me?

0 votes

Hi Bruna,

This user has Microsoft Office 2003 installed in his computer and his browser is IE8

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events