"Create JIRA issue" pop-up link error

When highlighting a word or phrase in Confluence 5.7 a pop-up to "Add inline comment" and "Create JIRA issue" appear.

When I click "Create JIRA issue", it shows the following message:

++++++

Create Issue

You do not have permission to access any projects in JIRA

++++++

I am an administrator for both our Confluence and JIRA systems.  I should add that in Confluence, our JIRA is defined in the Application Links page.

The system installed JIRA Macros add-on has all its 34 modules enabled.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

Doods

2 answers

Unlike the simple permission structure in Confluence of users and groups, JIRA has users, groups, project roles and issue roles.  Being a JIRA admin doesn't guarantee that you'll have any rights to, for example, create issues.

The permissions overview documentation and managing project permissions documentation should help you figure it out.  It looks like you don't have the Create Issue permissions in any project, but that can be changed at user, group, project role or issue role level.

(JIRA permissions are very complex, especially if you're not familiar with them, so don't lose heart if it takes you a while to get to grips with them.  It takes everyone a while to get to grips with them.)

Thanks Rob.  I feel compelled to state that I have been a JIRA Admin since version 1 of this tool.

Anyway, I did some diggings and found this Confluence documentation:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html.

I am convinced that we are seeing this error due to our complex Field Configuration Scheme, among others.

I am disabling this module so we don't get to see the corresponding icon.

Regards!

Hi Doods,

Apologies, most of the time people ask this kind of question it's because they're not aware of the complexities of the permissions scheme. That's clearly not the case for you smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,127 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you