questions for confluence

Aurelie Geoffroy September 10, 2019

Hello to you Community :),
The goal of my email is to get a functional procedure to link Jira and confluence.
We have already bought Jira and are currently in a trial version for confluence.
I apply this procedure https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/blog/2017/03/linking-confluence-spaces-to-jira-software-projects but I do not understand why he does not recognize .

1. What more can we do exactly with Jira linked to confluence?

2. Is it possible to apply to a label in confluence the Jira field of a task from a filter ?

3. Is it possible to program in confluence to make fields calculated between two dates and between two numbers?

4. Is it possible to produce an automated timeline with dates entered in a table?

5. Is it possible to send an email when a particular field is changed?

6. Is it possible that if we click on a checkbox to change the color of the box of the table that is checked?

7. Is it possible to do conditional
If status is completed; I have to put a mandatory date.

8. Is it possible to send an e-mail when the date is approaching.

9. Can the export be modified in Word.

10. Can we associate a color with a percentage field. If> 40% the percentage is yellow.

Thank you (and sorry if my english is bad)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello @Aurelie Geoffroy,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Happy to help!

1. For linking applications together, you need to first do so in the Application Links. Have a look at Linking to Another Application. For linking a Server and a Cloud app together, the process is a bit different. Check out Link to Server Products from Cloud for more details on that. 
  2. Regarding your 2nd question, I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Confluence has its own page labels as well, but they are not related to Jira. If you want to display Jira issues in Confluence using a specific JQL query, you can do so using the Jira Issues Macro.
  3. Confluence does not make any calculations, so it would not be possible to do what you are asking in your 3rd question. You might want to check in Marketplace as there may be an add-on to accomplish what you need. If this doesn't help, please let us know exactly what you need to do and we can let you know if there is a solution.
  4. Regarding your 4th question, again here I am not really sure what you mean by an animated timeline. With tables in Confluence, you'll be able to create a Chart Macro. Additionally, we have a Roadmap Planner Macro for displaying roadmaps. If you need something more specific, please send us more details on that so we can help you.
  5. Confluence automatically sends out emails when changes are made on pages or spaces that a user is subscribed to. See Email Notifications for more details.
  6. Checkboxes in Confluence are for use with tasks. Clicking on a checkbox will complete the task listed. See Add, Assign, and View Tasks. If you need to change the color of a table cell, you can do so in the editor. See Tables documentation under Cells.
  7. I apologize again that I am not clear what you're referring to here, but if you're referring to tasks, then you can add a due date at the end of the task for the user. In the link above Add, Assign, and View Tasks you can read more details about that. However, Confluence doesn't deal with workflows and conditionals, so that wouldn't apply here. It might be something you can do in Jira, but not in Confluence.
  8. For reminders of tasks, there's not a feature, but we have two feature requests, as well as a 3rd party add-on in Marketplace. Server: CONFSERVER-36087, Cloud: CONFCLOUD-36087, and for digests; Cloud: CONFCLOUD-34389, Server: CONFSERVER-34389. Feel free to vote on the ones that you would like to see and you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers. For the Server-only add-on, see Task Reminder for Confluence.
  9. Confluence content that is exported to Word can be modified in Word. See Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML.
  10. For your final question, can you let me know how this would pertain to Confluence? What is your goal here?

I hope this has helped, and I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Shannon

Aurelie Geoffroy September 12, 2019

Hello, thank you very much for the answer .
I ll see all the solution that you told me until next week.

I will try the plugin.

Is it normal when I want to try a plugin that its not work on cloud or just 5 minutes  after it desapear ? 

If we have more question 

thank you sso much again

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2019

Hello @Aurelie Geoffroy,

With add-ons it might take a minute or so to be activated, is that the problem you are encountering, or does it actually deactivate itself and then you can't use it again?

Regards,

Shannon

Aurelie Geoffroy September 16, 2019

deactivate itself  after installation

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2019

Hello @Aurelie Geoffroy,

Thank you for confirming that. We've seen this with some add-ons if they've had multiple trials being activated. Are these new add-on installations, or ones you've had in the past?

Secondly, are only the new add-ons deactivated, but your older ones are still working?

If you're still having issues with this, I would recommend raising a ticket with our Billing and Licensing team. They will be able to have a look at your account and let you know why the add-ons might be disabling themselves.

Regards,

Shannon

Aurelie Geoffroy September 16, 2019

Secondly, are only the new add-ons deactivated, but your older ones are still working?

yes , the old is working but not the new. 

thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2019

Aurélie,

Thank you for confirming that. Could you go ahead and raise this with the licensing team in that case? They can check to see if there's an issue with your licensing or billing.

The link is in my reply above but let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Aurelie Geoffroy September 24, 2019

Hi,

unfortunaly the trial is almost finish . 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Aurélie,

Your trial of Confluence is almost finished? You may be able to get an extension if necessary, so you can still speak with the Billing & Licensing team and they can help you with anything you need regarding that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events