pop up box for confluence

Christopher Dobbs October 1, 2012

I want to display a pop up message box when users login so we can announce various news items.

I want this to behave like the "Whats new in this release" dialog that you get after an upgrade.

I have looked at writing a plugin to acheive this but little unsure what API call to use.

Would be nice to have a history of previous messages too

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

If you want to have a box like the "What's new" dialog, why don't you modify the "What's new" dialog?

You can find more informatino in Configuring the What's New Dialog.

About having a history, you could create a page and store the history there. To make it easily accessible, simply add a link to that page in your custom "What's new" dialog.

that sounds perfect....I will give it a go!

Many thanks

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

I know you specifically asked for a pop-up box but we've also use the site welcome message to display announcements & blog pots, as well as the Custom HTML option.

The only issue with using the What's new option is that users can stop it from appearing by clicking the option.

Many thanks, will look into these too!

I was also very interested in seeing how a plugin can pop up a message box - have been messing with a little plugin of my own for some time but not managed to do that yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events