page properties report macro - no content displayed

Timo Hähne October 22, 2013

Hello,

I have a problem with the page properties report macro. I want to output a table which lists all pages with a specific keyword - so I use this macro.

I just set the label templatetst in the macro. Some pages (in the same space) get the label.

But the macro-table is always empty. I don't know how to output the labeled-pages in this macro.

Can anybody help me?

Is it also possible to output the creation-date and the last-modification-date in the table?

Thanks for some help!

Best regards,

Timo

8 answers

3 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2013

It sounds that you're placing the Page Property Report Macro on each of your pages instead of the Page Property Macro. These are two separate macro's that tie into each other.

To add the labels to each of the pages, you use the Page Property Macro. For the macro that details all of the pages that have the labels set by the Page Property Macro, you use the the Page Property Report Macro. This may be why you're not seeing any information.

Page Property Report Macro:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Page+Properties+Report+Macro

Page Property Macro:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Page+Properties+Macro

1 vote
Nanda Kops-Assendelft February 20, 2018

Same problem here... Als tried the advice of David, but still no data.

1 vote
PJ September 21, 2015

Having the same problem. Could it be that this macro has conflicts with plugins such as subspace? I tried everyting: labels, lables with or without numbers and "-", setting page properites ID, specifying space, using current space, but NOTHING! Is this macro an unfunny joke?

1 vote
Erez Marcovich July 19, 2015

hi,

i have actual data in the page  property in few pages but in the report macro i see only 1 row.

another strange thing that is hapening, after first setup of the report macro, when i delete the labe on the displayed page i still see only this page in the report macro.

any idea someone?

Jenny Quinn February 3, 2016

I have the same problem.

i have a page with 4 sub pages, and only 2 are displaying on the report. The missing two were copies of one of that pages that is showing - so the page properties macros and the lable cannot be different!

Jenny Quinn February 4, 2016

We restarted our confluence, the DB it uses, and re-indexed it, and this is working again now :)  Missing pages just appeared.

1 vote
David Keenan March 30, 2015

This might be a little bit late, but could help others in the future.

This drove me crazy for an hour or so. You need to have some actual content in the Page Property Macro not just the Page properties ID. If you don't wish to display it on the view you can use the 'Hidden' checkbox. 

Jonathan van Grouw November 14, 2017

This problem drove me crazy as well.

@[deleted] team: please update the documentation, it feels kinda like a ugly work around we need to do to make it work. It is not working intuitive right now.

Like ramon.bill likes this
0 votes
Krista Santucci January 15, 2021

I am having the same problem. Using Confluence Cloud. Inserting the macro with pages labeled correctly. Some headers are showing content, while others are not. I need help here!!

Bradley Pierskalla March 18, 2021

I've found I had to make sure I was following the directions properly. Otherwise, it doesn't behave like you expect. 

Page Properties Macro | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.11 | Atlassian Documentation

0 votes
Rhoda Neimand August 13, 2015

I have the same problem that Hajo has.  I'm trying to follow David Keenan's advice but everything I do doesn't work, I still end up with an empty report. I have tried a bunch of ways to "add actual content in the Page Property Macro" but still I am failing.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Hajo van Ravenswaay June 10, 2014

Have the same problem, although I do have the Page Property Report Macro and the Page Property Macro added both. The labels do match too, but the report macro still does not show the content. Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events