page access in confluence for subpages

Andreas Hubschneider August 10, 2017

Hi,

I'm also struggling with an issue but not sure if I'm right here :)

I have a page (1) with many sub-pages (2,3..)
With (1) I have restricted access only for several user but for (3) I like to give access not only to see the page but also to edit the page - but the user should not have access to work on (1) or (2).

I hope it was clear what I like to have and yo ucan help me in this topic.

Additionally the user are from BCMW. That means they can already see the pages but cannot edit them.

thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

Pages inherit their view security from their parents.  If a user can't see page 1 and 2, then they can't see the child pages under them.

You'll need to open up 3's parent, or move it to a parent that the users can see.

Edit rights are not inherited, you can give people the right to edit 3 without granting it for 1 or 2.

(I have no idea what BCMW might be or how it is relevant)

Andreas Hubschneider August 10, 2017

thanks for quick feedback.

BCMW is some kind of doughter company - guess it is not relevant.

So if someone can see parent page all child and sub-child pages can be seen?
Is there any way to block some childpages?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Well, pages are visible be default, it's not "can see page because I can see parent".

It's the restrictions that cascade down.  If you restrict a page, then all its children inherit that restriction.  You can add more restrictions in the child pages if you want.

Andreas Hubschneider August 11, 2017

ok, let's see what I can achive.

Many thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events