missing personal space

DTS ZUTOM January 29, 2018

Hello

can anybody suggest me how to troubleshoot issue with missing personal space for one of our users. Issue is happening only for this one user. User is able to see personal space sometimes, but most of the time space is missing.

We've tried to restart services, check logs with log analyzer, rebuild search index but nothing from this leads us to solution.

We are running confluence 6.5.1 Build Number 7502. Issue starts to appear after upgrade from confluence 5.9.

UPDATE 1:

I've forgot to mention important thing that we have confluence hosted behind nginx proxy. User is able to see personal space in spaces menu, but after clicking to his space he get 503 or 504 error code from proxy.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

BR

Roman

3 answers

0 votes
DTS ZUTOM January 30, 2018

As this may be also proxy issue, for testing I have allowed direct connection to confluence server for this user. Unfortunately currently space is working also over proxy connection so we need to test this for some time to see if proxy is causing the issue.

BR 

Roman

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

Roman,

Besides rebuilding search index, can you confirm you also did the following:

1. Rebuild the Content Index from scratch following the directions at How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server
  2. Rebuild the Ancestor Table from scratch following the directions at Rebuilding the Ancestor Table

Could you tell me where your users are hosted? Are they internal to Confluence, using Jira, or an external service like LDAP? 

Is the space also missing for the other users who should have access to see it? 

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

thanks for your reply.

Actually I did step 1 already - rebuild Search Indexes from Content Indexing menu.

I've not tried rebuild of Ancestor Table, I'm going to try this now.

Users are hosted internally in Confluence. We are not using external services. 

No other users have access to that space.

thank you & best regards

Roman

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

Hi Roman,

Actually, what you did was rebuild via the application, but from scratch is a different process that is outlined at the link I sent. Can you try that too?

Rebuilding the Content Indexes from Scratch

The method for rebuilding the content index from scratch will vary depending on your version of Confluence.

For Confluence 5.6 and Above

1. Shut down Confluence
  2. Perform a safety backup of the following two directories to a different location:
    • <confluence-home>/index/
    • <confluence-home>/journal/
  3. Delete the two original directories:

• <confluence-home>/index/
    • <confluence-home>/journal/
  4. (Optional): If your JOURNALENTRY table is very large (10000+ entries) we recommend that you delete the contents of this table to shorten the rebuild time.

5. Start Confluence
  6. Navigate to Confluence Admin > Content Indexing and click "Rebuild"
  7. (Optional): If desired, restore the following directories from your backup from Step 2:

• <confluence-home>/index/plugin - this is where the Usage Tracking plugin stores the usage statistics
    • <confluence-home>/index/edge - this is where popularity data for regular content is stored
    • <confluence-home>/index/questions-edge - this is where Confluence Questions stores popularity data

Let me know how that goes as well as rebuilding the ancestor tables.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Christo Mastoroudes [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi,

Has the user recently moved groups? Might be worth a minute to check the permissions.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 09.44.25.png

Thanks Christo for your suggestion.

I was changing group membership for this user as a part of investigation of this issue, before there were no change. This are permissions we have:Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.16.00.pngUser was part of site-admins which have personal space disabled, so I've removed this group from user. Below are groups which user is member of:

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.10.48.png

Thanks

Roman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events