menuMacros_renderGlobalBrowseMenu with corrupted header showing up on personal space after upgrade

Mike Lange March 16, 2015

After upgrading from Confluence 3.5 to 5.6 I'm getting a badly rendered header in my personal space with "#menuMacros_renderGlobalBrowseMenu()" being displayed and, not surprisingly given the message, no menu.  This is not browser specific.  Have not investigated plugins yet.

Other users are not seeing this with their personal spaces so this may be because I had changed my theme a looong time ago.  Since I can't get to the menu I can't try playing around with themes to investigate this theory.  Unfortunately the folks that currently admin Confluence and performed the upgrade are new to Confluence (long story) so I'm currently on my own on this one.

Any insight someone could provide on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Found the issue.  I had a custom site layout decorator defined that broke with the upgrade.

I reset it to the default by navigating directly to the URL via https://my_wiki_url/spaces/listdecorators.action?key=~mlange and then resetting to the default decorator that was customized.

Mike

Systems Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2015

Brilliant - this fixed it for me as well. Thanks.

0 votes
Timoschenko Vadim October 23, 2018

I have same problem on Dashboard

I fix it on page http://localhost/confluence/admin/dochoosetheme.action

For this you need reset "Site Theme" to "Default Theme"

0 votes

Accidentally submitted before adding any content.  It's updated with an actual question now.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2015

Might want to expand this into a proper question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events