mass word document upload

daniel lanuza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2020

Hi

I am looking into uploading 15000 word documents with images into confluence (ideally turning them into pages)

is there a smart way to do that?

THanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

This will be a huge project. I suggest a lot of scripting to first clean up the Word docs, then cleaning up the source in Confluence. And of course, I would try this against a local copy of Confluence for testing first.

daniel lanuza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2020

indeed. i got that far.

any preferred tool for scripting that you would recommend in this context?

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

Probably Python. Confluence has good API support, but not sure how that works with the Cloud versions. Your strategy maybe to do the conversion on the server version, then move the spaces over to the Cloud once you are done.

I am guessing you have a month's worth of work ahead of you.

I did find this one app that might do what you want (except it does not support embedded images):

all-in-one-file-importer-for-confluence 

And you are in luck as it is available for the Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events