Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked issue to jira does not render in-page

Vick Khera November 8, 2017

When I use the "insert jira issue" macro and link a single issue, I expect that issue to render into the page like it does on the atlassian sites. However, for me it does not, producing an error instead. Curiously, however, the list at the top of the confluence page does render the issue immediately.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 10.24.43.png

In this first screenshot above, you can see the issue link trying to fetch the details. I've clicked the button at the top of the page to show that Confluence is able to fetch the data quickly for that display.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 10.25.00.png

In this second screenshot you can see that the in-page link failed.

How do I make this work? When I inserted this link, it properly added the return link into the issue in Jira, so the communication does work between the two.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

@Vick Khera, Have you tried deleting the Application links and then re-creating them?

.pd

Vick Khera November 13, 2017

Yes, I have. Thanks for answering.

It still baffles me why it works for the top button but not the individual issues in-line. I also get other notifications in the notification tray in Confluence from Jira.

Martin Lagus June 9, 2018

Hi. Did you find a resolution to this?

Best

Vick Khera June 10, 2018

No. I have not found out anything how to make this work. I'm still baffled because the application link works, and notifications come through and jira issues in the header come through, just the in-line view fails.

Martin Lagus June 12, 2018

I was able to fix this be doing re-indexing on both sides, and restarted both applications (Data Center solution) and we also increased threads and memory in Jira, also updated UPM on Jira. Dont know exactly what it was that fixed it, but it worked

0 votes
Vick Khera November 8, 2017

Forgot to note versions: Confluence 6.4.2 and Jira 7.5.1 self-hosted, obviously.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events