Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licence server to licence cloud

Cristian Andres Ciambrignoni January 26, 2021

hi i have a commercial licensed Confluence instance.

I understood that with that license I can use it as a trial license in a cloud instance for 3 months.
After 3 months I would like to go from the trial license to a commercial cloud license. it's possible?
would the server instance be without a commercial license since it is now cloud?
thanks to all

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Server licences and Cloud subscriptions are totally different things, not really worth even talking about together.  I am not sure what you are asking about on the server side?

When you get a Cloud trial, you can use it for a while and, yes, when you're ready to buy, you get the subscription and your trial site simply becomes your production system.

Cristian Andres Ciambrignoni January 26, 2021

thanks for your answer Nic.
I thought that you can upgrade the cloud trial license to a cloud commercial license and stop having the server commercial license.
I generate the question not to have two licenses, one server and another cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Sort of, but it's two separate services.

• You've got a server licence
  • You buy a subscription to a Cloud instance

If the Cloud is replacing the server though, you can have a talk with Atlassian - they can credit your remaining server months payments to your Cloud account if you shut down the server.

Cristian Andres Ciambrignoni January 28, 2021

thanks for your answer Nic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events