is there a way to get to know of changes of pages?

Jay Ji April 25, 2013

is there a way to get to know of changes of pages? like displaying kind of signs next to the page title so i can directly recognize it, not with the modified time.

i know the notification or sending emails but i need another way as i montioned.

any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2013

You've got a slight structural problem with this idea too. Let's say you can come up with a display or highlight method, then how does Confluence know that it needs to be displayed? What is the rule that defines when the highlight should show? All you've said is "changed", but that covers every page that's ever been edited and the display of the date of change covers that

Jay Ji April 25, 2013

yeah you're right. thank you :)

0 votes
Aaron Booth April 30, 2013

If you view the tree structure - any page that is new or modified has a different icon?

Jay Ji April 30, 2013

noap, actually this question was about the possibility of it.

Aaron Booth May 1, 2013

Mate I just checked. If you click "Tools - View in Hierarchy" you can see the full tree of the space. Any New or Edited pages show up with a Blue DOT over the page. This means the page has changed.

Jay Ji May 1, 2013

cool! it is exactly what i need. thank you Aaron and all of you here who left answers.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi Jay, you could see the changes if you compare the version of Pages from Tools >> Page History and select the version to compare and click Compare selected version

Jay Ji April 25, 2013

Yeah, i know the history.

but what i need is to check out the changes of pages without seeing the page.

a little hard to explain.

i made child pages in pages and i can see them as a list.

Thing is, i wanna know child pages' changes without seeing the history of these page. with a way such as a red light icon or something like that.

you think it's possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events