is possible to convert an entire confluence space to the new editing experience?

Jesse Fulgencio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2020

is possible to convert an entire confluence space to the new editing experience?

4 answers

0 votes
Clarissa Qian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hello @Timothy Ling @Russell Zera @Roelof Jan Vreeling,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to migrate pages to the new editor on a space level basis. We've had plans to build tools like this but as of now, they haven't been prioritized. You can, however, contact support to bulk migrate all eligible pages to the new editor.

Regards,

Clarissa

Clarissa Qian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi, I wanted to clarify my earlier comments about contacting support. By raising a ticket with support, your pages will not *automatically* be converted to the new editor. However, support can enable an option to convert (eligible) pages only when those pages are edited and published. So you will still need to edit and publish any pages you want converted to the new editor.

0 votes
Roelof Jan Vreeling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2021

Is it fixable? @Timothy Ling 

0 votes
Timothy Ling August 26, 2020

Hello @Diego ,

This is not very helpful.

I need to be able to migrate the entire space. Otherwise I have old pages in the old editor and new ones in the new editor which is a pain. Also we have multiple spaces within the company some created with the new editor and some with the old. So now I am left with either migrating each page (hundreds) one by one, or leaving them and working with different editors depending on the space/page.

Not very nice words are coming to my mind.

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

I stumbled across this post looking for an answer to the same question, @Timothy Ling ! Did you ever figure something out? For clarification, even if the option were available to convert an entire environment en-masse, that would not be a viable option for me at this time, due to the size of our environment, and not wanting to impact groups outside of my view, or that have sensitive compliance information in a format that must be presently maintained... 

HOWEVER, I DO wish to be able to convert all pages within a given space... Getting things moved over to a common page template, look-and-feel, as well as converting macro usage for the entire space is very needed, and I don't want myself, or people on my team, spending countless hours doing something that honestly is FAR too many clicks (and clicks in different areas of the screen)... (First click "edit" or tap "e" on the keyboard to hotkey into page edit, then wait for the page to load and give the "preview" button prompt at the bottom left, then click that, then in the middle of the screen click "Convert", once it converts, then go back up to the upper right to the "more" menu to click "Publish without notifying watchers" because I don't want to annoy people with thousands up notifications that I'm simply converting pages)

Devout prayers to hoping this is simplified and able to be done in bulk and I'm just missing it.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

Hello @Jesse Fulgencio !

The conversion to our new Editing experience has stopped a few months ago. Currently, only newly created pages will use the new editing experience.

Here is an excerpt from a Community post sent by Avinoam:

Based on this feedback we’ve decided, for now, to only release the new experience for new pages. Existing pages will continue to use the old experience.

You can check the full post here:

I hope this helps you out, Jesse! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events