Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration confluence and mailgun?

Fredy Israel Alvarao Romero June 1, 2016

Hi there, I would like to know if there is integration between Confluence and mailgun.

In my server there is not possible to configure a smtp server, so I have an account of mailgun, could you tell me please If there is a way to configure mailgun and confluence.

Best regards!!!

Fredy Alvarado

Sparklabs México

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2016

You might want to explain what mailgun is and what you want to get from this "integration"?

0 votes
Hi there, mail gun is an email automation service, it is a complete cloud-based email service for sending and receiving email through websites and applications.
I have an account and they gave me a smtp hostname, login, password an api key to send mail.
Confluence require a smtp to send notifications to users, in my company I cannot install a smtp server but I find this option (mailgun)
Is there a way to add the mailgun information of my account to configure a smtp on confluence ?

thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2016

Ok, if you want to use this service to send email, then you need to give Confluence the standard SMTP details that they have given you to allow for the send.

yea, but there is a problem, because mailgun give password and api key, so, there is no place to put  a api key on confluence conf....

any clue?

So sorry to botter you!!!

F.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2016

Confluence needs a standard smtp connection.  The API key is irrelevant for that - you only need host, login and password.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events