i cant open login page into the browser

Christian Krüger September 26, 2019

Hi,

since a couple of weeks i can not open my login page to confluence via http://hilfe-webhosting.de:8090.

If i try to open the url i get the message: Error: Connection failed

Port 8090 is open and not blocked.

what i have to check on my server?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2019

Hello there, @Christian Krüger !

As I understand, your instance has been inaccessible for a few weeks. This can be caused by many reasons. We can start by looking at the following:

• The following list of items is a little long but, take a look. These details can help us understand the situation.

1. Is the machine (virtual or physical) that serves Confluence currently up and running?
  2. If the machine is indeed running, are you able to access the application via localhost:8090?
  3. Is the Confluence currently running in this machine?
  4. Are you able to check if there is a firewall between your server and client machines?
  5. Are you able to check if there is a proxy in front of your server?
  6. Have you applied any kind of change to your instance prior to this issue?
  7. Is this issue affecting other users?
  8. Is this issue affecting other machines that try to access the application?

Christina, would it be possible for you to share some data with us? Here is what we need:

• Screenshots of the actual error that you see when trying to access Confluence normally.
  • Screenshots of what is displayed when you try to access Confluence via localhost

Please, bear in mind that our community is an open space. So take care not to share sensitive data here.

Also, could you clarify if there are any other errors shown when you try to access Confluence? Let us hear about your findings, Christian! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events