Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cant delete category in confluence site builder

이상재 December 27, 2020

I tried to delete a category using site builder in confluence, but I can't.

i can see message 

You're not allowed to delete the category [category name] at this time, the category might still be in use.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

To delete a space category, you have to remove all spaces from it.  Log in as an admin, go to the list of spaces and read through their category, then change each space to another category (or no category)

이상재 December 28, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

The space in each category has already been moved to another category.

The category you are trying to delete is empty, but a message appears indicating that it cannot be deleted and may be in use.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

Could you give us the exact text of the message?  

The way you have phrased it suggests that you have not removed all the spaces from the category (probably as you can't see one or more of them)

이상재 December 28, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

This is the output message.

[You're not allowed to delete the category xxxx at this time, the category might still be in use.]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2020

Thanks!  I'm sorry if that seemed grumpy, but without the full text, it's hard to say where an error might be coming from.

That message really does come from "you have spaces that are in that category".  One of my current projects has me digging through the raw code of Confluence and although this is "first look" rather than "proper investigation", it looks like the only way to get this message is from not having removed or deleted all the spaces in it.

The three things I would do next:

• Try re-indexing the whole system (this is a bit heavy on the resources, best done outside working hours, and while it's running, searches may fail, but it won't stop people working)
  • Have you archived (rather than deleted) any spaces?
  • Are you sure you have no spaces that you cannot see?  (Remember - admin = admin, not "can see everything automatically")   Are you using the admin interface to look at the list of spaces, not the end-user ui?
이상재 December 28, 2020

Thank you.

We are checking through site builder.

Let's check it after re-indexing.

이상재 December 29, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Even after re-indexing, the same message appears and category deletion is impossible. T_T

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2020

Ok, that tells us that you have spaces in the category that are not deleted.  You'll need to identify those and change their category to one you're keeping (or none)

이상재 December 29, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I Found it!!!!!

Thank You very very very much!!!!!

have a good day~!~!~!~!

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Hi @이상재 ,

Please check may be other space's are tagged under that category.

이상재 December 27, 2020

How can I check the tag information of another space?

Thank you.

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Menu --> Spaces --> Space directory --> CATEGORIES

Please check the below link, it may be helpful

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-labels-to-categorize-spaces-136647.html 

이상재 December 27, 2020

After going to Menu> Spaces, the Space directory is not visible, and the entire space list is listed.

What I want to delete is a category that is at a higher level than space, but the menu is not visible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events