• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

i cant delete category in confluence site builder

I tried to delete a category using site builder in confluence, but I can't.

i can see message 

You're not allowed to delete the category [category name] at this time, the category might still be in use.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @이상재 ,

Please check may be other space's are tagged under that category.

How can I check the tag information of another space?

Thank you.

@Kagithala Babu Anvesh 

Menu --> Spaces --> Space directory --> CATEGORIES

Please check the below link, it may be helpful

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-labels-to-categorize-spaces-136647.html 

After going to Menu> Spaces, the Space directory is not visible, and the entire space list is listed.

What I want to delete is a category that is at a higher level than space, but the menu is not visible.

0 votes

To delete a space category, you have to remove all spaces from it.  Log in as an admin, go to the list of spaces and read through their category, then change each space to another category (or no category)

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

The space in each category has already been moved to another category.

The category you are trying to delete is empty, but a message appears indicating that it cannot be deleted and may be in use.

Could you give us the exact text of the message?  

The way you have phrased it suggests that you have not removed all the spaces from the category (probably as you can't see one or more of them)

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

This is the output message.

[You're not allowed to delete the category xxxx at this time, the category might still be in use.]

Thanks!  I'm sorry if that seemed grumpy, but without the full text, it's hard to say where an error might be coming from.

That message really does come from "you have spaces that are in that category".  One of my current projects has me digging through the raw code of Confluence and although this is "first look" rather than "proper investigation", it looks like the only way to get this message is from not having removed or deleted all the spaces in it.

The three things I would do next:

• Try re-indexing the whole system (this is a bit heavy on the resources, best done outside working hours, and while it's running, searches may fail, but it won't stop people working)
  • Have you archived (rather than deleted) any spaces?
  • Are you sure you have no spaces that you cannot see?  (Remember - admin = admin, not "can see everything automatically")   Are you using the admin interface to look at the list of spaces, not the end-user ui?

Thank you.

We are checking through site builder.

Let's check it after re-indexing.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

Even after re-indexing, the same message appears and category deletion is impossible. T_T

Ok, that tells us that you have spaces in the category that are not deleted.  You'll need to identify those and change their category to one you're keeping (or none)

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

I Found it!!!!!

Thank You very very very much!!!!!

have a good day~!~!~!~!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

236 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you