Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update calendars with out notifying watchers

Veda Hayes February 9, 2015

When updating annual calendar for On-call services. Everyone is receiving emails notification's, Is there a way turn off notifications on a calendar until the annual calendar is updated?

2 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2015

Hey Veda,

As Steven mentioned, there's no option to do that besides the workaround he mentioned.

I've just created an improvement request for this feature, though: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-2860

Hope it helps! smile

Eduardo

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2015

This is a valid improvement request, thanks for creating it Eduardo! I just voted for /watching it.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

I do not know of any way for you to modify these calendars without sending notification after notification. I don't think it exists.

I may have a solution. smile

Background

We're going to turn off mail and make all the changes, then clear the mail queue.

Team Calendars uses Confluence's email module to send mail. Confluence sends mail like so: Each notification generates an email and places it in the Mail Queue. There is a scheduled job, defaulted to once per minute, that attempts to send all messages. When there is no mailbox connected, they simply stack in the queue.

The key point here is that Confluence will CLEAR the email queue when you restart the application. Confluence does NOT cache the mail queue when you shut the application off and turn it back on. We are going to leverage this for our own use, if this is possible for you.

Workaround

1. Disconnect email server from Confluence application
  2. Make all modifications to the calendar that are needed
  3. Turn the application off by running the appropriate script
  4. Turn the application on

Victory

There you go! All your edits with no notifications!

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

Set view restriction would also work.

Beth Lew February 9, 2017

Please explain how to do that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events