how to update calendars with out notifying watchers

When updating annual calendar for On-call services. Everyone is receiving emails notification's, Is there a way turn off notifications on a calendar until the annual calendar is updated?

2 answers

1 vote

Hey Veda,

As Steven mentioned, there's no option to do that besides the workaround he mentioned.

I've just created an improvement request for this feature, though: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-2860

Hope it helps! smile

Eduardo

This is a valid improvement request, thanks for creating it Eduardo! I just voted for /watching it.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 09, 2015

I do not know of any way for you to modify these calendars without sending notification after notification. I don't think it exists.

I may have a solution. smile

Background

We're going to turn off mail and make all the changes, then clear the mail queue.

Team Calendars uses Confluence's email module to send mail. Confluence sends mail like so: Each notification generates an email and places it in the Mail Queue. There is a scheduled job, defaulted to once per minute, that attempts to send all messages. When there is no mailbox connected, they simply stack in the queue.

The key point here is that Confluence will CLEAR the email queue when you restart the application. Confluence does NOT cache the mail queue when you shut the application off and turn it back on. We are going to leverage this for our own use, if this is possible for you.

Workaround

1. Disconnect email server from Confluence application
  2. Make all modifications to the calendar that are needed
  3. Turn the application off by running the appropriate script
  4. Turn the application on

Victory

There you go! All your edits with no notifications!

Set view restriction would also work.

Please explain how to do that. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,043 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you