how to show new version of page on print outs?

shazia parhiar December 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Printing issue cards

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Could you explain what you mean by "new version of page"?  All the printing can do is take the current version, so I'm not understanding the question.

shazia parhiar December 13, 2016

Hi Nic 

Thanks for your answer. My question is when you export page or space into PDF or HTML it should appear version of the document that we can assure that this is the new version of Doc been printed. 

e.g Page has three version,V 1 ,V 2 and V 3 so I want the version number to be appeared on the print outs. Is that possible?

Even if I want to print previous and current version of document how would I be able to recognise which is the latest version of the documents unless I read the while document?

I look forward to your answer.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2016

The easiest way to do that would be to place a page-information macro on the page.  There's quite a lot more information you can extract from that too, like the modfied date, author and so-on.

However, that is an add-on (free) at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.pageinfo/server/overview

You could duplicate it with a user macro if you want to avoid installing the add-on.

I suspect you could also bury that sort of thing in a theme or one of the more clever "print to pdf" add-ons.

shazia parhiar December 15, 2016

Hi Nic

Thanks for answer. I tried to download add-on from the link you have provided. I have followed the Installation guidance given in Installation part on the page. Page Information for confluence is not in the market place. 

I am using Atlassian Confluence and Confluence plugins (version 5.7.3)

Is there anything else that I can download to make it work?

Thanks 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2016

I don't understand - you say "it's not in the market place", after having downloaded it and installed it from the market place?

You should be able to install it direct from "find add-ons" inside Confluence as well.

shazia parhiar December 15, 2016

I have downloaded it but can not installed it see screenshots below:

image2016-12-15 17:29:26.png

Is anything I am doing wrong there? while it should appear below Page information for confluence.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2016

I don't know why it's not showing.  Can you check

1. That you really are on 5.7 of Confluence
  2. In manage-addons, is it truly not listed as installed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events