how to see tasks in workbox

Thomas Keller April 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Add, Assign, and View Tasks

I don't see tasks in the workbox on any of my pages. I thought they automatically showed up there. 

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2016

The personal tasks functionality in Workbox was removed some time ago (over a year ago I believe). 

You can see all your tasks under Profile > Tasks. 

Shiva Harris October 13, 2016

Why? I've been trying to figure out what happened to my tasks awhile now, only to find out they've been removed from the workbox / moved to a standalone page?

The Profile → Tasks view is just not as convenient. Wish this could've been made optional. sad

Natasha Liberman March 7, 2017

Does it mean that Confluence documentation is incorrect? It shows that tasks can be found under the workbox: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-user-s-guide/managing-changes-and-notifications-and-tasks/managing-tasks-in-confluence

Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Natasha the documentation you link to is correct, however its for Confluence 5.4.  Confluence 5.5 moved the tasks out of the workbox:

Personal tasks tab removed from the workbox

As part of our work on tasks, the Personal Tasks tab, previously accessed from the Notifications box  in the header, has been removed. 

If a user has incomplete personal tasks, the first time they access the Personal Tasks tab Confluence will notify the user of this change and email any incomplete personal tasks to the user's registered email address. The email also provides instructions for how to add these tasks to a page so they can be managed as ordinary tasks.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-5-5-upgrade-notes-435552950.html

Natasha Liberman March 14, 2017

ah... I see. Thank you for clarifying. smile Though I wish there were back in notification box. sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events