Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display short sharepoint filename in confluence

Craig Duffy August 4, 2022

We have Sharepoint and Confluence linked together. when I post a URL from Sharepoint into Confluence, it inserts a horribly long url (see sample). Is there a way to have that look better? Maybe if it displayed the title of the sharepoint doc, or a truncated version of that url? (I dont want to preview the file, BTW)

We are using the app "SharePoint & OneDrive"; maybe there is a better one that is not to pricey, or maybe I have some setting wrong?

Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 4.51.27 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Craig Duffy

In order to use the Monday.com for Confluence functionality, find the embed link via the share button in monday.com and, after copying this link, you have to type /monday in Confluence, then paste your link in the URL field. The URL must be from the embed type.

Additional information can be found on the official plugin documentation:
https://teamfiles.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TFD/pages/369492021/Attaching+files+and+folders+to+pages+new+editor

Another option would be for you to type the text you would like to make clickable, select it, and click on the "make a link" icon. Once you click on that icon, that looks like a chain, you will be prompted a popup for you to input the URL.

Regards,
Eugenio

Craig Duffy August 8, 2022

thanks Eugenio- that is getting closer, I guess I will have to use the option to make the text clickable. I dont really like the way the /teamfiles option works, especially when its in a table.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events