how to convert a blog post to a page?

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

we have quite a bit of content in blogs that work well as page content, or would if it could easily be imported.... It seems crackers to have to cut'n'paste between identically formatted screens

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anthony Pelosi May 9, 2013

There's a Jira for going both ways: blog post to page and vice versa. Vote for it here!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16142

2 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi Nic,

A simple thing to do is include the blog post in the page with Confluence's Include Page macro. Then, you get to keep the blog post and create a new page.

Mary

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

thanks but i need 'full citizenship' - edit, move, export as other content. The import macro is great for it's purpose (and thanks for pointing it out!). But my users use blogs as initial/ad-hoc work spaces - perhaps because they don't want to have to think about taxonomy in the initial heat of the moment. I don't know what I am missing - but a blog feels like a regular page in every respect other than parentage! - surely atlassian society should allow adoption rights for all suitable parents :-)

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

I see your point. It is almost like you want a "create page from blog post" function.

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

if we're 'solutioninizing' - then my vote would be to include blog pages in the view page hierarchy, and allow them to be moved into the main tree. Simples! (as we say in the UK!)

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

You threw a spanner in the works with solutioninizing. Simples didn't even register. :-D

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

'solutioninizing'? Aaaagh! :)

0 votes
Amit - Blue Sheen December 21, 2015

We're having this pain right now, and a right pain it is too. Exporting spaces does not export blog posts, which compounds this problem.

0 votes
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2014
0 votes
Nic Hart May 12, 2013

The short answer is that, as of rel 5.1, you can't do this. (Though I'm not saying there aren't any add-ons or back-end database which might work - only that no one has pointed to any such.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events