how to convert a blog post to a page?

we have quite a bit of content in blogs that work well as page content, or would if it could easily be imported.... It seems crackers to have to cut'n'paste between identically formatted screens

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There's a Jira for going both ways: blog post to page and vice versa. Vote for it here!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16142

Hi Nic,

A simple thing to do is include the blog post in the page with Confluence's Include Page macro. Then, you get to keep the blog post and create a new page.

Mary

thanks but i need 'full citizenship' - edit, move, export as other content. The import macro is great for it's purpose (and thanks for pointing it out!). But my users use blogs as initial/ad-hoc work spaces - perhaps because they don't want to have to think about taxonomy in the initial heat of the moment. I don't know what I am missing - but a blog feels like a regular page in every respect other than parentage! - surely atlassian society should allow adoption rights for all suitable parents :-)

I see your point. It is almost like you want a "create page from blog post" function.

if we're 'solutioninizing' - then my vote would be to include blog pages in the view page hierarchy, and allow them to be moved into the main tree. Simples! (as we say in the UK!)

You threw a spanner in the works with solutioninizing. Simples didn't even register. :-D

'solutioninizing'? Aaaagh! :)

The short answer is that, as of rel 5.1, you can't do this. (Though I'm not saying there aren't any add-ons or back-end database which might work - only that no one has pointed to any such.)

We're having this pain right now, and a right pain it is too. Exporting spaces does not export blog posts, which compounds this problem.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

34 views 5 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you