Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to automatically reflected data in one page into other page ? is there any add-ons available ?

mounika smith May 26, 2022

we have one hiring confluence page, In that, all joined and declined candidates we added. On another child page, we have a year plan for example 170 we need to hire in that we need to count overall how many joined and declined. So my requirement is to get the data automatically on another page.  for this, we are doing it manually. Are there any add-ons available to solve this kind of issue?   

2 answers

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2022

Hi @mounika smith ,

Have you tried excerpt feature.

excerpt.PNG

Hi, Thanks for the response, but this macro we can insert in only one page and do whatever we want. but my requirement is to do operation between two different pages. 

consider there are 2 separate pages one page created as Hiring Status and another page created as Overall Plan'22 

On the hiring page - getting info from HR and updating day by day how many joined and declined ( Exp, Freshers and Internal conversions ) 

tempsnip2.png

Another Overall Plan'22 page -  how many planned, Joined and Gap is there - however, Planned number it is there but joined number every day we are doing manually. my requirement is the Hiring page whenever we enter the candidate name it will automatically be reflected in the Overall page count and Gap will be reduced automatically. Any idea's for doing this operation 

tempsnip1.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

No need for apps for a basic way to do this.  Look at the include and include-excerpt macros that are built in 

Type {include, select the macro and tell it what page to include in the current one

Hi Thanks for the response, {include macro was different. I am trying to look at doing operations between two different confluence pages 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

That's what the include macro does - makes one page appear as part of another, so you don't have to edit twice.

mounika smith June 3, 2022

I can't able to post my requirement twice here, If you don't mind can you please check my reply above. That is a clear understanding. whatever you are saying that is not helpful to fulfilling my requirement 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

Your stated requirement appears to be have several pages that include content from one single other page without copying and pasting and having to maintain several pages.

That is exactly what the include macro does - you write one page, include it in others.

If that is not what you need, then yes, we don't understand your requirement.  But we can only work with what you have told us you want, and so far, you've only told us that you want the include macro.  Could you explain more?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events