Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long confluence license configuration takes?

Venkata K September 9, 2014

Hi,

I started installaing the confluence on my windows server 2012. After specifying license key and hit Next, it says "Configuring your license key. This can take a while". How long does it take to finish this?

Regards,

Venkata.

3 answers

0 votes
Venkata K September 13, 2014

Below steps provided by Dave Norton [Atlassian] resolved the issue:

Here's how to fix it:

1. Shut down Confluence if it's running
  2. Go to Start » Run and type "regedit"
  3. Browse to the registry key for Confluence:
    • 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Apache Software Foundation >> Procrun 2.0 >> Confluence
    • 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Wow6432Node >> Apache Software Foundation >> Procrun 2.0 >> Confluence
  4. Modify Parameters/Java/JvmMS to 400 in hexadecimal (1024 in decimal)
  5. Modify Parameters/Java/JvmMx to 400 in hexadecimal (1024 in decimal)
  6. Modify Parameters/Java/Options and add -XX:MaxPermSize=256m as the first line.

Once you've saved the changes, please restart Confluence and see if it works correctly.

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

I would expect that if you've already entered your license key, configuring your license shouldn't take any time at all. You can setup confluence in a sandboxed environment - connection to the outside isn't required - license validation happens locally. I would say if it hasn't progressed to the next install step yet, you should kill the install and restart the application. It shouldn't hurt anything and will usually pick up where you left off.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

It shouldn't take much time in this step, it may be that Confluence can't reach Atlassian's site to validate/generate the license. If you're behind a proxy (e.g.: squid, etc) you may need to configure the proxy authentication as in this doc.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events