how do I see inline comments

Dana Jansen February 12, 2016

Is there a way to see if a page has inline comments without scrolling through the page looking for the inline comment highlight?

5 answers

2 votes
roman_baeriswyl February 17, 2016

I have the same problem. On a large page it's tedious to scroll thru it and search for an inline comment. Best solution I found was to create an inline comment at the top and tell the viewers to click this one to get the popup on the right side to go thru the inline comments. There must be a better way.

1 vote
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

Same problem here. You can see resolved comments easily enough... but those are not the ones we care about. Long pages... hidden yet important comments.

1 vote
Elena_Lurye February 22, 2016

Have the same issue...Plus, would be very convenient to address them right there, without going to edit mode (if, per inline comment, page change needed). Because, once you switch to edit mode - you don't see what needs to be updated..)

Dervis Yildiz June 13, 2019

with this Add-On you can add or modify your inline-comments also in edit-mode (while writing). But to show all your inline-comments in the top of a page, mybe it's comming soon. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217328/show-inline-comments-in-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

This Marketplace app does exactly that: you can see how many inline and file inline comments are in a page, along with a search and all comment overview functionality.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216169/see-all-unresolved-comments?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2016

A Cloud addon was recently released that would help with this:

See All Unresolved Comments

Not only do you get a counter at the top to see how many unresolved inline comments are in a page, but you can also click to jump directly to the first comment. You can even search (run a report) to see all unresolved comments filtered by space and/or commenting user. For longer pages, there's also an overview report that shows just the headings and the commented text, so you can get a quick overview of what's on any particular page.

0 votes
Alice April 5, 2016

Same problem for me - unless you are sure to @ mention a specific user, who receives an email that will take them directly to the comment, it's nearly impossible to see the highlighting. 

I just created a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41291

If any of you are still having problems with this, please vote for it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events