how can I prevent google indexing my oncloud confluence spaces?

Pedro Perejón Fernández February 14, 2015

I've read I can stop google (and other crawlers) indexing my public confluence instances using a robots.txt file, as usual, but I find no way to do it when using JIRA oncloud.

The fact is I have a confluence space I want to be public, but not indexed by search engines. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hello Pedro,

according to the conversation in this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36148 (see the first comment by Robin Fernandes) this is something that has to be done on a global level for all Cloud instances.
Despite this, you should get in touch with your support and ask whether this can be done individually and if not, you at least have a certain answer.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Philipp

strophy May 24, 2018

Does that mean that it is now already possible to disable indexing on the public Confluence site when hosted with a cloud instance, assuming we disable it at the global level? Where is this setting?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

No.  See the linked issue Philipp referred to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events