hierarchy of child pages in the form, a button showing the form's attachments (pages)

license_all January 25, 2018

1) There is no display of child pages at the bottom of the completed page, where you could click and go to the child or parent page. This function was in 5.0.1.
2) When editing the page in 5.0.1, at the bottom of the page there was an "attachments" button, where you could immediately see their number and attachment files themselves. In the latest version there is no such button.
Please tell me where it is configured in version 6.6.1?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Hi,

You can insert macros for these functionalities, such as

I think that should fulfill your requirements, but if anything is missing, can you please let me know?

Regards,

Shannon

license_all January 25, 2018

In the attachment screenshots, which shows what I need. On the old version 5.0.1 there were no macros. This functionality has been applied to all the database pages by default. How can I do the same in 6.6.1 for all the completed pages?2018-01-26_094953.jpgEdit page.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi there,

There were, in fact, macros in Confluence available in Confluence 5.0, but what you're seeing there was a feature of the Documentation Theme. The Documentation Theme was discontinued in Confluence 6.0, so it's no longer possible to have them appear like that.

You would need to use the Children Display Macro from above. It won't say "# Child Pages" above each one, however. You can include this with a heading.

If you need it to appear in all the pages, you can choose to include it in the footer.

For this, you can either add it in the Space Tools > Look and Feel > Sidebar, header and footer (see customizing Sidebar), or you can edit the sidebar directly (see How to edit the footer). 

I also attempted doing this using the theme editor, but it doesn't allow the {children} macro to be displayed in this way.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

license_all January 31, 2018

Macros name is "Children Display Macro".  I can add it to any page. But how to add this macro here to apply to all pages of space? 2018-01-31_174250.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2018

Hi,

If you add the macro there, it will apply to all pages in the space in the footer.

You can use wiki markup to do this. For the name of any macro in order to reference it using Wiki Markup, you can check the macro page itself:

Wiki markup example

This example is useful when you want to add a macro outside the editor, for example as custom content in the sidebar, header or footer of a space.

Macro name: children

Thus, inserting {children} will employ the macro in your footer.
I hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Shannon
license_all January 31, 2018

In my screenshot above there is no insert button. If I write there "{children: reverse = true | sort = creation | style = h4 | page = Home | excerpt = none | first = 99 | depth = 2 | all = true}", nothing will happen. It's not clear how to use the "Wiki Markup". Please show me what exactly I need to write. If you can screenshots.

2018-02-01_094710.jpg2018-02-01_094732.jpg2018-02-01_094908.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events