external confluence users being added to permissions

Neven Sosteric February 9, 2017

Is it possible to allow access to Confluence space for Confluence users outside of my company account?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

Hi Neven,

You pay for the users that use your instance, because every user takes up resources.  If 1 user has an account on 10 Confluence instances, that costs 10x the resources for Atlassian.

You can allow anonymous access to a space, but lock down individual pages so that only the non-proprietary ones are visible to anonymous users.  Or you can give your external users an account.  Bear in mind that the licensing is tiered, so if you are 100 users away from moving to the license tier you could add 99 users without costing you anything, for example.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

Hi Neven,

Yes, you can turn on Anonymous Access in the Confluence Admin > Global Permissions page.  You can then enable anonymous access for individual spaces in each spaces Permission page.

Your other option is to create user accounts for the people outside of your company.

Neven Sosteric February 9, 2017

I do not want to make my Confluence space public. It contains proprietary information.

Users I want to allow to access my confluence are also Confluence cloud users but under different account. Why it is not possible to allow them access? They are already paying for Confluence. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events