export to markdown

Hey, guys.  We're using Confluence for our documentation so dev can add raw content, etc.  For producing finished documents, we've been using the Scroll PDF Exporter (and sometimes the Scroll HTML Exporter).  

Now, we want to get the documentation up onto a GitLab developers site.  We're using Hugo and Markdown source.  Up until now, we've just been putting the PDF files up, but now they want the docs to be more integral to the site.

Any suggestions on how to get Markdown out of Confluence?

FYI, we use included pages and a few tables, just to complicate things.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Marty

1 answer

HI Martin,

You might find this previous question helpful: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/235590.  I don't think much has changed since then on the Atlassian side.

However, there are 3rd parties looking at this, for example: https://www.npmjs.com/package/confluence-to-github-markdown  I've got no idea how well that tool works, but it might be worth looking at, especially if you've got a lot of pages to convert.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 17, 2018 in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

381 views 17 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you