embedding SVG with interactive hyperlinks

Martijn M December 29, 2020

Hi there!

Got a quick question. I made a flow chart which represents a workflow comprising several pages in one of my spaces. I made all the tiles of the flowchart hyperlinks. I want to export this flowchart into Confluence to serve as an interactive, visual Table of Contents if you will. 

I saved the flowchart as SVG, assuming it would carry over the links. Unfortunately, it did not. When opening in the viewer, there is a disclaimer saying the Viewer doesn't support full SVG functionality.

Is there another way to import the image along with the hyperlinks?

The flowchart was made in Draw.io, but as always, we're looking for means that don't require installing/buying into more plugins.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

Hi,

are you using draw.io for Confluence Cloud, please i.e did you install it on your Confluence instance? How did you import SVG into a Confluence page?

Thanks,

Marija

draw.io support

Martijn M December 29, 2020

Hi Marija, 

I created the diagram in the desktop version of Draw io. Our instances does not have Draw io for Confluence Cloud as this is a paid plugin, and we concluded that the limited use of the plugin for our department doesn't warrant subscribing.

I simply tried importing the SVG as an image by drag-and-drop.

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, this is not something I could help you additionally because I am in charge of draw.io integrated with Confluence. Links are supported when draw.io plugin is used.

Kind regards,

Marija

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events