Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

during the install of confluence 7.10.2 I encountered an error when I try to configure User Manageme

abdel kader January 27, 2021

During

Configure System Administrator Account when I pull informations and click next, I have an Error:

here is the beginning of trace:

atl_token : 8853b033509a40a5cdcd8123a5705cffa31e5297
username : admin
fullName : labo
email : xxxxxxxxx
confirm : xxxxxxxxxx
setup-next-button : Next
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupAdministrator.validate(SetupAdministrator.java:47)

2021-01-28 07:36:22,018 FATAL [http-nio-8091-exec-8] [atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext] getComponent Spring Application context has not been set
-- traceId: 00d844fbf0749010
2021-01-28 07:36:22,054 FATAL [http-nio-8091-exec-8] [atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext] getComponent Spring Application context has not been set
2021-01-28 07:36:22,060 ERROR [http-nio-8091-exec-8] [confluence.util.profiling.ConfluenceSitemeshErrorDecorator] renderInternal Failed to render error decorator. Falling back to using no decorator
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getLanguageJs' in class com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceActionSupport threw exception java.
lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set at /langmacro.vm[line 2, column 15]

Can you please give a response?

Kader

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @abdel kader,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Based on an extract from the log it seem like this error - Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set.

Usually there is a problem in setting the permissions of the Confluence Home and Confluence install folders -> there must be confluence: confluence instead of root: root. 

Cheers

Pavel

abdel kader January 28, 2021

Thank you Pavel,

I installed it with normal user not root, the permission is rw for this user

Kader

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

OK, thank you for the information. Please look at other possible causes and solutions in the line I sent you, maybe some of it will help you.

abdel kader January 28, 2021

I started a new installation and it worked.

Is it possible to do import , restore from version 2.7.2 to 7.10.2?

Thx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Not a chance, you will need to upgrade the 2,7 to 3.something, then 4.something, then 5.something.  5.something can produce an export that 7 can read.y

Like Pavel Junek likes this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Yes, it's exactly as Nic writes. Confluence version 2.7.2 is too old to export / import data to Confluence 7.10.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events