It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

download of confluence word attachment shows pdf rendering with truncated images.

I have a word document attachment on my confluence page.

When users click on the link (they see the PDF rendered image of the word document before selecting DOWNLOAD.

This image is error prone, truncating pages of the initial word document attachment. Impossible to read in PDF format.

I do not want to include the entire word document using the word macro in the confluence page.

1 answer

Hello Jill,

Thank you for providing details into your issue along with what the users see vs what they should be presented with.

With this said, I would like to recreate the issue to see if its a defect in the product and find out if it’s already reported. Could you please provide the following additional information:

1. Screenshots comparing the word doc vs the PDF preview.
  2. Which version of Confluence is being used?
  3. Any PDF stylesheets that may be applied.

Once we hear back, we will attempt to recreate the discrepancy between the two and find a cause.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

we are using 6.8.2.

This is a table in the word document--

how do I send you the attachments?

Hello Jill,

When creating a response, you must select the camera icon to upload an image. You can take a screenshot of the attachment for this example, we don’t need the entire doc.

Here is a screenshot of how to upload a screenshot.

image.png

Now paste the image in that window or choose file and upload. Once you click insert it will be displayed in your response.

image.png

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

this is strange, the menu options are in white on my screen, and I cannot see the actual icons. I have to move the mouse blindly to see the insert selections.

hi! I have a similar issue, but I see a 2019-09-03 16_59_25-Periodic QC Tools - TMF Wiki - Confluence .jpgstrange font. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you