directories that can be cleared in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence?

Matt Uebel November 11, 2013

I am running out of room in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence . Are there any directories that can be purged?

In particular, there is a directory called "bad2." This directory seems to contain backups of the plugin directories (bundled-plugins plugins-cache plugins-osgi-cache plugins-temp). I suppose this could have been created by another admin, but is this otherwise something Confluence creates on its own for some reason? Can it be removed?

UPDATE: The bad2 directory was indeed created by another administrator. Confluence did not create it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

According to the Confluence docs, you can safely remove several of the plugins cache directories:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

From my own experience, some of the cache files are not recreated on restart, so this will save you some space.

Matt Uebel November 11, 2013

have you ever seen a directory called "bad2"? Further details in the edited question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events