delete or edit crowd setting from confluence

david martin January 29, 2015

How do you delete or edit the current crowd setting to point the server to another crowd instance or a new crowd ip from confluence (admin/user directories)? Thank you in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
david martin February 4, 2015

Well the problem is that I have imported the data to a new server but can not log into the new system.  The data that was imported was using a crowd server that was not local to the system. This system has it local.  I have enable the local admin account and still that  will not let me log in either.  IS there a configuration file that I can edit or anything that will allow me to change so that I can use the data stored on the local crowd?

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Hi David,

You can go to Cog Icon > Confluence Admin > User directories and disable the Crowd directory for now (if you want to change the ip address), and then create a new one with the new ip address.
I would play safe here, instead of deleting the directory, lets disable, and create a new one. Once it's good, you can delete.

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events